Introducing the inaugural BrookWright International Brass Ensemble Composer Competition 2021 (IBECC)!
BrookWright is offering composers and arrangers the chance to have their music showcased through this new and innovative Brass Ensemble Composition Competition. The Overall Winner will receive $500 US in cash, a download license to the music playback program NotePerformer*, publication of your work through BrookWright Music, whilst also receiving any associated royalties, and a video and audio recorded virtually by an All-star Ensemble comprising some of BrookWright's world renowned 'Artists in Association' (see biographies at www.brookwrightmusic.com/artists)
The five finalists will also have ‘follow-the-score’ videos of their pieces produced using NotePerformer and shared at , YouTube and across various social media platforms. In addition, a 'Public Commendation Prize' will be awarded to the finalist with the most 'likes' at , whilst winning $150 US in cash.
- Composers/arrangers are invited to submit a brass ensemble composition/arrangement** or multiple compositions/arrangements of no more than 5 minutes’ duration each. There is not limit to the number of entries that can be submitted.
- Our panel of esteemed judges, James Curnow, Dr Liz Lane and Paul Hindmarsh, will agree a shortlist of five finalists from all the submissions before deciding the overall winner. In addition, a 'Public Commendation Prize' will be awarded to the finalist with the most 'likes' received on by noon Central Standard Time (CST) time on Friday 20th August 2021.
- Instrumentation is flexible but should include any combination of the following instruments: Cornet/Trumpet, French Horn, Tenor Horn, Baritone, Trombone, Euphonium and Tuba, and be scored for between 4 and 6 players. An optional Percussion part for a single player may be included.
- There are no restrictions on the style of the music.
- Submissions should not already be published, but they do not necessarily need to be newly composed or arranged works.
- The closing date for entries is Friday 23rd July 2021 at 11.59pm Central Standard Time (CST). On or before this date candidates should submit the following:
• The entry form (found below)
• A Sibelius or xml file of the piece to be uploaded to www.dropbox.com/request/sOmWA1x9IkVXotey1s2c (Finale files may be submitted if it's not possible to convert to xml)
• A PDF of the score
• An audio file if possible (MP3 or WAV)
• The entry fee of $15.00, which is payable at www.brookwrightmusic.com/product-page/international-brass-ensemble-composer-competition-2021-entry-fee-1 Please note entry fee is applicable for each item you submit, so for example if you submit 2 pieces the fee would be $30.00, or $45.00 for 3 pieces, and so on.
The winner(s) will be announced on Monday 23rd August 2021.
We look forward with real anticipation to receiving your submissions!
*NotePerformer is currently compatible with Finale, Sibelius and Dorico. For more information about the product please visit www.noteperformer.com For a sample of the sound quality, please visit www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Gi1jbpWpM
**Please note if your piece is an arrangement, only arrangements of public domain material will be accepted.
***The Public Commendation winner may also be the Overall Winner.