Daniel Hall is a multi-award winning composer and arranger whose works have been performed across the globe and by some of the UK’s leading ensembles, including the BBC National Orchestra of Wales, Orchestra of the Royal Opera House, A4 Brass Quartet, Tredegar Town Band and the National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain.
He has worked with international soloists and ensembles such as Lode Violet and Brass Band Willebroek (BEL), Brass Band Öberösterreich and KTM Engine Factory (AUT), Fabian Bloch and Liberty Brass Band (CHE), Gilles Rocha and the European Youth Brass Band, and many more.
Daniel is also a freelance conductor and trumpet player, founding the Cardiff-based Hybrid Orchestra ‘Prestige 6 Orchestra’ and performing with various ensembles such as Netflix’s Sex Education swing band, Year of the Dog. Daniel graduated from the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama in 2019 with a first class honours in composition.
Daniel's awards include:
• 7th European Composers Competition 2019
• David Frost Composition Competition 2019
• Paul Mealor Award for Young Composers 2018
• A4 Brass Quartet International Composition Competition 2018
• RNCM John Golland Award 2016
• Falmouth University 'Pictures for a portrait composition competition'. sponsored by the PRS for Music Foundation and Arts Council England 2015
• Music Expo Composition Competition 2015
• Nock Deighton Ironbridge Gorge Festival 2014 & 2015